It is the dream of many to work from wherever they want. While sipping a coconut cocktail under a palm tree and tapping away on your laptop might logistically be unlikely (sandy keyboard, anyone?), there are ways to escape everyday life and still get on with work in beautiful settings!
The name Digital Nomad is becoming more common. Where leaving the office for business has always been the norm, spending minimum time at a fixed desk is starting to tip the balance. With summer creeping up on us, we’ve got a different kind of travel tip for you! Save holidays by working in locations which you would also consider as travel destinations. Whether it’s a city break you’re looking for or a remote getaway, there are coworking spaces tailored to your need all over the world. They welcome you to escape your everyday life by traveling and still being productive.
What can meet the rising trend in remote working, as well as the increased demand for a work-life balance? Community projects available across the globe offering not only coworking spaces made up of desks and meeting rooms but beautiful areas for you to relax and socialize. One example is wework, where it’s in the name. They focus on the “we” element of life: “creating a world where people make a life and not just a living by leveraging space, technology, design and most importantly community.” For many of these spaces, calling them offices is really an understatement. Entire buildings have been stylishly and tastefully refurbished to offer every type of work environment to suit your needs. Beautiful spaces help bring out the best of you at work. Rent meeting rooms, make use of the built-in business helpers or accelerate your business through the in-house investment funds. Their networking events and pricing packages leave you wanting for nothing. Here are our top 3:
- wework can be found in 24 countries around the world. The number of offices in a country varies from one to 25.
- Rent24 offers 9 offices in Germany and, at this point, one each in Amsterdam, Chicago and Tel Aviv. By the end of the year, they plan to have opened 100!
- Mindspace is available in 12 cities worldwide.
Coworking and coliving
Maybe you are the type that wants to get away from the city, though. You want some (near) solitude and a real change of scenery to get those creative juices flowing. Fear not! There are those out there who have made it possible to enjoy coworking spaces along with coliving all over the world. Whether you are looking for mountain retreats, beachside comfort, or the German countryside, you are spoiled for choice. A coworking/coliving retreat means you don’t even need to take a holiday from work to get some much-needed peace and quiet. Some spaces include breakfast, some include all your meals (it’s not like there are many eateries in the Himalayas…). With so many on offer, you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here, we provide you with a portal to over 100 coworking/living spaces as well as two spaces which have come highly recommended to us.
- CoWoLi is a portal with over 100 listings for coworking and coliving locations around the world. They include such tropical locations as Mauritius and remote locations as the Himalayas.
- Sun Desk is located in Morocco along the beach – perfect for morning jogs, working to a backdrop of sea views, and sunsets to finish the day off.
- Coconat is in Brandenburg, near Berlin, Germany, Coconat calls itself a Workation Retreat. The name is an acronym for community and concentrated work in nature.
It’s not always easy to decide when and where to take your holidays. It’s not uncommon to always have the feeling that work is looming over you. If you find it hard to simply switch off, why not consider a city break or remote getaway with coworking options? As usual, Blacklane is there to help bring you peace of mind when traveling!